Our Legal Services
This page is provided as a brief summary of some of the legal services provided by the Brown Gitt Law Group, ALC. To learn more about our legal services, please visit our specific practice area pages or contact our Pasadena office.
Our practice areas include:
- Employment law defense: Brown Gitt is a full-service employment law firm for the benefit of employers. Some of our services include litigation, negotiations, contract drafting and review, workplace audits and investigations and supervisor training. If you need assistance with employment contracts, company hiring and termination policies, noncompetition agreements, or litigation, we offer experienced and dedicated legal service.
- Employment litigation: Our attorneys handle a wide range of litigation including claims under federal, state and local law, including the Federal ADA, Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, FMLA, Lilly Ledbetter Act, National Labor Relations Act, Office of Contract Compliance and OSHA, and related statutes, and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act,( including discrimination and sexual and other harassment and reasonable accommodation), California OSHA (CalOsha), California Family and Medical Rights Act, California Labor Code in all areas (including Private Attorney General Act,, retaliation and whistleblowing), Trade Secret Act, Unfair Competition Act,, and discrimination and serious and willful misconduct claims under the Workers Compensation Act.
- Discrimination and harassment: We provide experienced defense representation on behalf of employers in claims involving allegations of discrimination and harassment, including claims of disability discrimination, race discrimination, gender discrimination, sex discrimination, sexual harassment, religious discrimination, age discrimination, and veterans’ discrimination.
- Trade secrets: We help employers and business owners protect confidential business information and trade secrets. Our services in this area of law include drafting and reviewing documents, as well as enforcement and litigation services.
- Wage and hour: Our wage and hour lawyers help employers negotiate, mediate and litigate employee wage and hour complaints before administrative agencies such as the Department of Labor Standards Enforcement or the Workforce Development Agency, and in Federal and State Courts at all levels. We also assist in minimizing exposure by assisting employers in drafting and communicating law-compliant policies.
- Class actions: We provide class action litigation defense services in which we have extensive experience and good results, We also provide class action prevention counseling on behalf of employers., including development of law compliant policies and supervisor training to ensure that the compliant policies are implemented.
- Labor law: We help employers in union organizing campaigns and to avoid, negotiate and resolve employee and union disputes.
- Serious and Willful Misconduct and Discrimination claims under Workers Compensation Act: Workers Compensation insurance generally does not cover intentional acts leading to employee injury or enhanced injury, such as claims for serious and willful misconduct and discrimination claims. We assist employers in defending these intentional claims.
- Business and commercial litigation: We handle a wide rage of business and commercial litigation matters, including breach of contract, business disputes, partnership disputes and shareholder disputes.
- Construction litigation defects: We help residential property owners negotiate and litigate disputes with contractors and construction professionals.
- Workplace investigations
To speak with a lawyer or to schedule an appointment with the Brown Gitt Law Group, ALC, call or contact us online.